Today’s edition of social media vocabulary features five words you might mistake for games, sports terms, or even slapping five. Check ’em out and let us know if there is a word out there you’re looking for a definition on!
- Compete: Compete is a web-based application that supples business with valuable web analytics information from all kinds of sites. They focus on helping businesses find new key words for SEO, new streams of traffic, and monitoring the performance of rivals online.
- Disqus: Disqus is a platform for allowing users to interact with your site. It is a comment and moderation system that is simple and easy to use. It has a large user base and is fully socially integrated.
- Foursquare: we have talked about Foursquare a bunch in the past, but it just fit in too well here and we haven’t made it a part of our social media vocabulary section yet, so here goes. Foursquare is a location-based social network that allows users to check-in to venues and see others and get special offers. It is one of the leaders amongst geo-location based social networks.
- hi5: hi5 is a social network aimed at youth. The goal of hi5 is to be the most fun network, focusing on providing entertainment, custom profiles, and games.
- Kyte: Kyte is an application for streaming and hosting live video through its online and mobile platform. They help people produce video, distribute it, engage audiences, analyze traffic, and monetize their work.
As always, have a great Tuesday, use the Disqus comment platform below to ask us questions or give your two cents. We would love to hear from you!