Site looking a little haggard? Maybe a little 90′s chic? Think it might be time to bring it in to the 21st Century? Here are 5 signs you (definitely) need a redesign:
- You have a template website. You probably picked up this beauty when the internetbegan because everyone had to have one. Things have happened since the 90′s though, like Facebook and all of Web 2.0. A newer website will play nice with all the latest social media and marketing tools out there these days.
- Lots of visitors but no conversions. Maybe you want people to sign up for your newsletter or fill in a form for more information. Maybe you sell directly from your site. Whatever a conversion means to you, a low percentage is bad. If you are getting the visitors, but not the cash, it’s time to find out why and redesign.
- Your SEO sucks. A site should be optimized for search engines from the ground up. Lot’s of things contribute to good SEO, but a solid foundation is key.
- Your entire site is flash-based. Flash may or may not be going by the wayside, but even worse, Google doesn’t see any of that pretty stuff. To Google, your site is just one big abyss and that’s not good for SEO. On top of that, most mobile devices don’t play nice with flash.
- Your site isn’t optimized for mobile browsers. More and more people are using their mobile devices to go online. If your site is frustrating or doesn’t work at all for them, they are going to leave.